Position: Principal Specialist – Hydrogeology / Hydrology
Location: New Delhi
Last Date: February 28, 2017
Action for Food Production (AFPRO) is an Indian socio-technical non-governmental organization of national importance, working for the development of the rural poor through effective natural resource management solutions.
AFPRO dedicates itself to its mission of alleviating rural poverty by promoting and working through voluntary organizations; with a focus on enabling the marginalized and weaker sections of rural society to participate in the process of rural development by strengthening their resource base and capabilities through improved knowledge and skills, both in the technical and socio-economic development areas.
AFPRO having its Head Office at New Delhi requires personnel with the following requirements:
Qualification: M.Sc. / M. Tech. in Hydrology / Geology / Geophysics or relevant science discipline / M. Tech. in Applied Geology. It is desired to provide details of academic achievements and certificates starting from +2 levels onwards.
Age: 35 – 40 years
Experience: The above position requires 8 – 10 years of experience of conducting ground water studies, designing of artificial recharge measure and technical feasibility studies for water source creation on project planning, execution & monitoring of development project with a preference to working with grassroots level NGOs.
CTC: Rs.55,000/- p.m to 65,000/- p.m. Outstanding candidates could be considered for higher CTC.
Scope of Tasks & Responsibilities
- Extending Socio-technical services to NGVOs for the effective implementation of Program/Projects related to Natural Resource Management / Climate Change
- Project proposal preparation for sourcing new programs.
- Coordinating the activities of multidisciplinary team of professional staff for the services to partners.
- Program planning by involving various stakeholders based on the regional needs.
- Conducting Joint Monitoring and Review exercises of the ongoing projects
- Program Management and conducting Evaluations
- Networking/coordination/liaison with Government/Development agencies in the region for promotion of the programs
- The applicant must be mature, capacity for good public relations, team building, resilient and motivated. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Good communication and presentation skills both in English and Hindi is compulsory
- Excellent IT skills which includes MS Office
- The applicant should have proven record of preparation of guidelines for proposal writing, project development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Liaison with other NGOs and Resources Organizations – build and strengthen relationships
- The applicant will be responsible for documentation efforts for knowledge sharing, visibility enhancement of the organization.
- The applicant should be able to take leadership role in bringing innovative approach in areas connected with NRM.
The above position is on contract basis and renewable based on the individual performance and organizational requirement.
Please send your profile/resume, current salary, expected salary and application to the Executive Director, Action for Food Production, 25/1A Institutional Area, D Block Janakpuri, Pankha Road, New Delhi – 110058 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Ph: 011-28525412, website: www.afpro.org
Please apply before February 28, 2017.