Position- – Head – Programs
Location: New Delhi
Last Date: : February 28, 2017
Action for Food Production (AFPRO) is an Indian socio-technical non-governmental organization of national importance working for the development of the rural poor through effective natural resource management solutions.
AFPRO dedicates itself to its mission of alleviating rural poverty by promoting and working through voluntary organizations; with a focus on enabling the marginalized and weaker sections of rural society to participate in the process of rural dev elopement by strengthening their resource base and capabilities through improved knowledge and skills, both in the technical and socio-economic development areas.
AFPRO having its Head Office in New Delhi requires personnel for the position of Head – Programs to be based in New Delhi with the following requirements:
Educational Qualification: Post graduate in Civil Engineering/ Agricultural Engineering/ Agronomy/ Water Resource Development/ Hydrology/Geology / Climatology or NRM related subjects. It is desired to provide details of academic achievements and certificates starting from +2 levels onwards.
Age: 45 –50 years
Experience: 15 years of work experience in the related field with exposure in Human & Institutional Development. Direct experience in working with communities in a participatory mode by delivery of programs through grassroots level NGOs/ other civil society organizations / PRIs will be an added advantage. Preferred work experience in Vulnerability and Adaptation under climate change.
CTC: Rs.80,000/- to Rs.90,000./-p.m.
- This position requires demonstration of leadership for at least five years
- The applicant must be mature, capacity for good public relations, team building, resilient and motivated, ability to meet deadlines
- Good communication and presentation skills both in English and Hindi
- Computer literate
- The applicant should have proven record of preparation of guidelines for proposal writing, project development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Liaison with other NGOs and resources organizations – build and strengthen relationships
- The applicant will be responsible for documentation efforts for knowledge sharing, visibility enhancement of the organization.
- Since AFPRO is involved in capacity building in local, state & district level, experience in preparing Training modules will be an added advantage.
- The applicant should be able to take leadership role in bringing innovative approach in areas connected with NRM Management, vulnerability assessment and adaptation in climate change.
Scope of Tasks & Responsibilities
- Extending Socio-technical services to NGVOs for the effective implementation of Program/Projects related to Natural Resource Management and Drinking water, Hygiene and sanitation
- Coordinating the activities of multidisciplinary team of professional staff for the services to partners.
- Program planning by involving various stakeholders based on the regional needs.
- Conducting Joint Monitoring and Review exercises of the ongoing projects
- Program Management and conducting Evaluations
- Developing project proposal on NRM, Drinking water supply and sanitation, Agriculture etc
- Capacity building of different stakeholders on the integrated watershed management, Water supply and sanitation in parts of rural Maharashtra.
- Capacity building input in human and institutional development process of CBOs/GPs/NGOs
- Networking/coordination/liaison with Government/Development agencies in the region for promotion of the programs
The above positions are on contract for 4 years and renewable based on the individual performance and organizational requirement.
Please send your profile/resume, current salary, expected salary and application to the Executive Director, Action for Food Production 25/1A Institutional Area, D Block Janakpuri, Pankha Road, New Delhi – 110058 Ph: 28525412 / 28525452 email: firstname.lastname@example.org website: www.afpro.org
Please apply before 28th February, 2017