Position- – Thematic Program Manager – NRM
No. of Opening: 1
Location – Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
Last Date: 8th October, 2018
Action for Food Production (AFPRO) is an Indian socio-technical not for profit organization of national importance working for the development of the rural poor through effective natural resource management solutions.
AFPRO dedicates itself to its mission of alleviating rural poverty by promoting and working through voluntary organizations; with a focus on enabling the marginalized and weaker sections of rural society to participate in the process of rural dev elopement by strengthening their resource base and capabilities through improved knowledge and skills, both in the technical and socio-economic development areas.
AFPRO having its Head Office in New Delhi requires Thematic Program Manager – NRM for its Regional Office in Ahmednagar (Maharashtra) with the following requirements:
Educational Qualification: Graduate/ Post Graduate in Civil/Agriculture Engineering /Agriculture Science / Hydrogeology/ Geology / Water Engineering etc.
Experience: 7 years of work experience in managing large size multiple projects related to NRM programs.
Compensation: Attractive compensation will be given to the deserving candidate based on his/her experience and performance in the interview.
The candidate will be required to lead a multidisciplinary team for effective planning, execution and monitoring of projects related to NRM. An understanding of projects and policies related to Rural Development supported by Government, Corporate groups and international agencies
Scope of Tasks & Responsibilities
- Extending Socio-technical services to NGVOs in Maharashtra for the effective implementation of Program/Projects related to Natural Resource Management and Drinking water, Hygiene and sanitation
- Coordinating the activities of multidisciplinary team of professional staff for the services to partners.
- Program planning by involving various stakeholders based on the regional needs.
- Conducting Joint Monitoring and Review exercises of the ongoing projects
- Program Management and conducting Evaluations
- Developing project proposal on NRM, Drinking water supply and sanitation, Agriculture etc
- Capacity building of different stakeholders on the integrated watershed management, Water supply and sanitation in parts of rural Maharashtra.
- Capacity building input in human and institutional development process of CBOs/GPs/NGOs
- Networking/coordination/liaison with Government/Development agencies in the region for promotion of the programs
- The applicant must be mature, capacity for good public relations, team building, resilient and motivated. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Good communication and presentation skills both in English and Hindi. Knowledge of local language would be an added advantage.
- Excellent IT skills which includes MS Office
- The applicant should have proven record of preparation of guidelines for proposal writing, project development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Liaison with other NGOs and Resources Organisations – build and strengthen relationships
- The applicant will be responsible for documentation efforts for knowledge sharing, visibility enhancement of the organisation.
- The applicant should be able to take leadership role in bringing innovative approach in areas connected with NRM Management
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The above positions are on contract for 4 years and renewable based on the individual performance and organizational requirement.
Please send your profile/resume, and application to the Regional Coordinator, AFPRO Regional Office, Plot no. 19 & 20, Namdev Colony, Near Shriram Chowk, Ahmednagar – 414003, Ph: 0241-2451465 email: email@example.com website: www.afpro.org
Apply by 8th October 2018.